Direct Marketing/CRM/Database, Marketing Research: Analyst, Marketing: Analyst
4 Year Degree
We are a less than 12-person Chicago-based consulting company focused on helping “mass marketers” learn for themselves the effectiveness of targeted and relationship marketing. We specialize in: targeted and relationship marketing strategy development; opportunity assessment; and program evaluation and ROI improvement.
We have been in business for 18+ years and have an impressive list of blue-chip clients. These include: retailers (e.g., Safeway, The Home Depot); consumer products manufacturers (e.g., Nestle, American Greetings); and pharmaceuticals (e.g., MERCK, Eisai).
You will work closely with the Directors of Client Service and assist them with all activities for 3-4 key accounts. This is a data intensive, “hands on” position. You will personally execute many elements across a variety of projects.
Day to Day Responsibilities:
• Analyze and organize data points to identify patterns, trends, and drivers
• Synthesize data & simplify findings to answer business issues
• Demonstrate initiative and ownership in completing projects
• Effectively communicate the results/findings to the project manager in a clear and concise Word, Excel, PowerPoint or email deliverable(s)
• Manage expectations with the project manager and establish timeframes
• Work collaboratively with internal & external teams • Be self-motivated to achieve high quality results through effective data integrity
• Determine effort and resources required to meet objectives; able to plan, coordinate and manage resources effectively to ensure task completion
• Consistently act with client satisfaction in mind and follow through on commitments to ensure the needs of the practitioner are met
Ideal candidate will be a strong analytic thinker, with excellent organization and communication skills. Exposure to consumer products or pharmaceuticals marketing, or retailing is a plus. Also helpful is interest in, and familiarity with, CRM, loyalty marketing, or targeted or database marketing.
Requirements: Skills and Experience:
1. Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, economics or computer science, or in other fields providing appropriate analytical training (e.g., math, psychology, sociology)
2. High level of proficiency in Microsoft Office, especially Excel
3. Detail oriented individual, with proven record of timely completion of projects and independent problem solving.
4. Excellent oral and written communication.
5. Ability to travel 2-3 days per month is required.
Our experience has proven that no matter the business, common campaign attributes are necessary for success: 1. Differentiated consumer segments 2. Thorough understanding of current program performance 3. Fit with organizational structure 4. Incorporation of industry best practices and standards 5. Ability to evolve and adapt over time. For our clients, a combination of PILM’s targeted marketing ...expertise, the client team’s product and industry knowledge, and a collaborative partnership has resulted in clearly defined opportunities, more efficient campaigns, and increased marketing ROI.