Business Development, Marketing/Brand Management, Marketing: Communications
GENERAL SUMMARY: The Marketing and Communications Director is responsible for the development and implementation of strategies and actions to advance overall growth of ReGenesis Health Care, including all external and internal communication activities targeted to specific and general audiences, identifying communication opportunities throughout the organization, successfully positioning the health center through targeted marketing messages and organizational branding to specific audiences, enhancing existing service lines, contributing to physician alignment in primary and specialty care and the enhancement of business opportunities in alignment with the Executive Leadership Team and the ReGenesis Health Care Strategic Plan. The Director is responsible for planning, development, implementation, and success monitoring of marketing, communications, community relations, media relations and digital strategies for ReGenesis Health Care. This position will work with Executive Leadership, Clinical and Administrative Staff and other stakeholders to ensure that all marketing and communications initiatives are aligned and support strategic goals of the system. This position manages all internal communications, directs the creation of content for the public website and oversees development and production of publications. This position reports directly to the CEO.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Directs and manages ReGenesis Health Care marketing, public relations and communications functions; responsible for marketing and communications plan development, advertising, publications, social media and web site management, media relations, publicity and events.
• Develops annual marketing and communications strategic plan; formulates and executes specific marketing strategies to increase use of the health center facilities, services and medical staff; manages implementation of marketing communication plan for ReGenesis Health Care.
• Maintains consistent, ongoing internal and external communications with a wide variety of key customers and audiences; provides consistent, positive message of responsibility, concern for the health of the community and quality services.
• Maintains good working relationships with news media organizations; builds a relationship of trust with news media; serves as the primary liaison between the ReGenesis Health Care and the news media.
• Manages media calls and inquiries; serves as health center spokesperson; determines the appropriateness of requests for information and formulates content, timing and manner of release; works with ReGenesis Health Care departments and Executive Leadership to ensure accuracy and comprehensiveness of disseminated information.
• Prepares press releases; provides timely and discretionary release of information about ReGenesis Health Care and its operations; ensures that all communications from ReGenesis Health Care are accurate, consistent and compliant with applicable laws, regulations and health center policies.
• Compiles news, publicity, background and position statements by interviewing staff, patients, physicians and visitors, researching subject matter and extracting data from publications and reports.
• Provides leadership in crafting media strategy; advises and assists health center management, staff and physicians in matters involving the media; develops and places ads.
• Prepares feature articles for newspaper, radio, hospital newsletters and brochures; responsible for all marketing and collateral materials.
• Manages the planning and production of publications, collaterals, advertisements, events, programs and campaigns; assists health center departments with marketing communications services.
• Participates in the planning, organizing and coordination of special events, open houses and tours; provides support to other departments for events; assists in promotion of events to target audiences.
• Provides graphic design and graphic standards enforcement; develops and maintains health center identity, branding and consistent image.
• Provides writing/editing support and review of brochures, newsletters, promotional materials, etc.
• Develops and maintains marketing and communications policies, procedures and guidelines.
• Oversees the social media and web presence for ReGenesis Health Care.
• Conducts formal and informal market research studies of physicians, patients and community to assess needs, evaluate potential markets and increase satisfaction.
• Collects and compiles data regarding the effectiveness of marketing and communications activities and campaigns; develops and presents reports on marketing activities and results.
• Supervises marketing and communications staff; manages consultants and subcontractors.
• Develops and manages marketing and communications budget.
• Other duties as required by Supervisor.
• Requires a minimum of three (3) years’ experience in marketing and communications within a large, complex organization situated in a competitive marketplace; marketing director experience in a hospital or health system is preferred.
• Staff supervision and consultant/subcontractor management experience required.
• Must have excellent writing, editing and verbal communication skills.
• Strong computer skills required, including proficiency with MS Office Suite, publishing, graphics and imaging applications.
• Ability to interpret qualitative and quantitative data and use in decision making.
• Strong research and marketing strategic plan development skills.
• Innovative and creative thinking balanced with pragmatism.
• Excellent relationship management skills.
• Demonstrated passion and commitment to positive and effective customer service focusing on needs of external and internal customers, delivering extraordinary results.
• Minimum of a Bachelor's degree in Healthcare Administration, Marketing, Communications, or Business Administration required, with a Master's degree preferred.
• Minimum of three (3) years of progressive leadership experience in Healthcare Administration, Business Administration, Marketing, Corporate Communications and Public/Media Relations including a solid understanding of digital technology, industry trends and overall knowledge of media landscape.
• American Marketing Association (AMA) Certification (Certified Professional Marketer) or equivalent certification preferred.
ReGenesis Health Care, Inc. is a very successful Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC) located in Spartanburg, South Carolina. ReGenesis Health Care provides a myriad of high-quality, culturally and linguistically appropriate services to diverse and low-income populations. Operating out of 5 community and school-based clinics, ReGenesis Health Care provides medical, dental, mental health, inte...grated health services, family and social services, and health education for all age groups. We are committed to ensuring the human right of accessible primary medical care through advocacy and community empowerment.