The Marketing & Communications Coordinator is repsonsible for execution of the association's marketing, promotional, and communications activities. This position requires strong written and verbal communications skills, a solid customer service orientation, and a working knowledge of contemporary marketing and communications tactics including print, broadcast email, web content and design and social media.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work closely with the Director of Marketing & Member Services as well as internal teams and volunteer leaders to develop and implement marketing and advertising campaigns for AANA's programs, products, services and overall brand.
- Write promotional content for print, web and email formats.
- Design, test and troubleshoot broadcast emails.
- Create, edit and maintain compelling content for aana.org.
- Create content for social media, monitor AANA's accounts and engage with users.
- Support the Membership and Health Policy Committees.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Positive attitude and strong customer service orientation
Strong written and oral communications skills
Solid organizational skills and attention to detail
Basic html and graphic design skills
Experience with Microsoft Office and association management systems (ideally Microsoft CRM/Protech)
Experience with Content Management Systems and Email Marketing software (ideally Sitefinity and ExactTarget)
Ability to excel at independent work and closely manage project timelines with minimal oversight
Ability to interact effectively and work congenially in a small office environment
The Arthroscopy Association of North America (AANA) is a provider organization accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME). The organization exists to promote, encourage, support and foster the development of continuing medical education activities that are free of commercial bias and designed to disseminate knowledge, competence, performance, and improve pati...ent outcomes of those undergoing arthroscopic surgery and to improve the diagnosis and treatment of diseases and injuries to the musculo-skeletal system