Located in Nashville, Tennessee, and operating at a global crossroads of teaching, discovery and patient care, VUMC is a community of individuals who come to work each day with the simple aim of changing the world. It is a place where your expertise will be valued, your knowledge expanded and your abilities challenged. It is a place where your diversity — of culture, thinking, learning and leading — is sought and celebrated. It is a place where employees know they are part of something that is bigger than themselves, take exceptional pride in their work and never settle for what was good enough yesterday. Vanderbilt's mission is to advance health and wellness through preeminent programs in patient care, education, and research.
Through the exceptional capabilities and caring spirit of its people, Vanderbilt University Medical Center leads in the delivery of exemplary health care, improving the lives of individuals and communities regionally, nationally and internationally. We combine transformative educational programs, compelling scientific discoveries, and distinctive personalized care to achieve this goal.
To consistently achieve excellence in medical science and health care, Vanderbilt University Medical Center Development builds relationships and encourages philanthropic contributions to directly impact today's work and to secure a strong future of service. Enthusiastic and timely support from our philanthropic partners enables the Medical Center as a nonprofit academic medical institution to excel in conducting groundbreaking research, training future leaders and providing compassionate care to patients.
Duties and Responsibilities:
In support of its purpose and in response to existing and emerging needs of Vanderbilt University Medical Center, the department is seeking an experienced and proven professional to serve as the Associate Director of Digital Marketing.
This strategic and highly creative professional will successfully formulate tactics and strategies that facilitate digital integration and expression of existing fundraising initiatives. This role will also actively seek new opportunities to support integrated digital and direct marketing and online fundraising campaigns to achieve engagement, growth and fundraising goals.
As part of a digital and direct marketing team, the associate director of digital marketing will have the following responsibilities:
· Cultivate strong partnership with colleagues serving as a strategic digital marketing adviser.
· Manage development of digital marketing campaigns and content to support development efforts.
Work with outside consultants, agencies, publishers, platforms and other partners with the goal to find fast, creative and efficient ways to build, execute and measure innovative digital marketing plans that connect with customers to maximize engagement and advocacy.
· Pull together project teams and implement strategies and content for efforts related to digital integration within VUMC development.
· Collaborate with colleagues to pursue and implement creative strategies to include new forms of donor and volunteer outreach through digital and social media into giving efforts.
· Act as primary liaison between development and strategic marketing for digital, social and content initiatives.
Provide inspirational and creative thought leadership on ways to reach and gain attention of target audiences and integrate these audiences into strategic and tactical planning.
Work closely with colleagues to maximize effectiveness of digital initiatives, building templates and tools where necessary to ensure efficiency and consistency.
· Partner with colleagues in development as well as other digital marketing professionals, faculty and staff throughout VUMC.
· Integrate online giving and digital media strategies in active partnership with VUMC strategic marketing, news and communications, and other development partners.
· Contribute to the digital and direct marketing team's efforts to implement and evaluate a comprehensive digital marketing strategy in support of VUMC development mission and strategies.
· Ensure projects are consistent with VUMC development goals and have clear, measurable outcomes.
· Report to the senior director of digital and direct marketing.
· Perform other duties as assigned.
· Excellent track record of digital marketing project planning and execution. Highly motivated, collaborative, team player with strong interpersonal skills. Capacity to perform in an intellectually rigorous and complex environment.
· Experience in an agency, entertainment/media or healthcare fundraising environment is highly desirable.
· Excellent organizational skills, oral and written communications skills.
· Ability to work independently, assuming responsibility, prioritizing and carrying out duties with a minimum of supervision.
· A bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university is required. Advanced degree preferred.
· Candidates should have a minimum of three years of digital marketing and content development experience with demonstrated achievement in a field requiring the application of similar skills.
· Strong work ethic and personal initiative to drive high quality work product.
· Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
· Flexible and comfortable with change and ambiguity.
Preferred Education, Skills, and Experience:
· Experience managing complex digital marketing campaigns including social, paid, earned and owned media. Direct experience managing campaigns and best practices across YouTube, Instagram, Facebook preferred.
· Cross functional collaboration experience with agencies and internal marketing, communications and content teams.
· Experience with content management systems, some Drupal experience preferred.
· Content development experience, managing edit cycles, delivery timelines, budgeting and best practices.
· Experience with Adobe Creative Suite (Premiere, Photoshop, Illustrator, etc.) preferred.
Travel is required. Some evening and weekend work as needed.
VUMC Recent Accomplishments:
Because we are committed to providing the best in patient care, education and research, we are proud of our recent accomplishments:
US News & World Report: #1 Hospital in Tennessee, #1 Health Care Provider in Nashville, #1 Audiology ( Bill Wilkerson Center ), 12 adult and 10 pediatric clinical specialties ranked among the nation's best, #15 Education and Training
Truven Health Analytics: among the top 50 cardiovascular hospitals in the U.S.
Becker's Hospital Review: one of the "100 Greatest Hospitals in America"
The Leapfrog Group: grade "A" in Hospital Safety Score
National Institutes of Health: among the top 10 grant awardees for medical research in the US
Magnet Recognition Program: Vanderbilt nurses are the only group honored in Middle Tennessee
Nashville Business Journal: Middle Tennessee's healthiest employer
American Hospital Association: among the 100 "Most Wired" medical systems in the US
Vanderbilt University Medical Center is home to Vanderbilt University Hospital, The Monroe Carell Jr. Children’s Hospital at Vanderbilt, the Vanderbilt Psychiatric Hospital and the Vanderbilt Stallworth Rehabilitation Hospital. These hospitals experienced more than 61,000 inpatient admissions during fiscal year 2015. Vanderbilt’s adult and pediatric clinics treated nearly 2 million patients during this same period.
Vanderbilt University Hospital and the Monroe Carell Jr. Children’s Hospital at Vanderbilt are recognized again this year by U.S. News & World Report’s Best Hospitals as among the nation’s best with 18 nationally ranked specialties.
Vanderbilt University Medical Center is world renowned because of the innovation, work ethic and collegiality of its employees. From our health care advances to our compassionate care, Vanderbilt owes its accomplishments and reputation to staff and faculty who bring skill and drive and innovation to the medical center day after day. World-leading academic departments and comprehensive centers of excellence pursue scientific discoveries and transformational educational and clinical advances across the entire spectrum of health and disea...se.
As the largest employer in middle Tennessee, we welcome those who are interested in ongoing development in a caring, culturally sensitive and professional atmosphere. Most of us spend so much of our lives at work, we want to be part of maintaining a workplace in which people support one another and encourage reaching for excellence. Many high-achieving employees stay at Vanderbilt because of the professional growth they experience and because of their appreciation of Vanderbilt’s benefits, public events and discussions, athletic opportunities, beautiful setting and, above all, sense of community and purpose.
Vanderbilt and its employees share a set of mutual expectations that have been created with productivity, legality, fairness and safety always in mind. We believe that our investment in training and compensating employees multiplies in value when we enable individuals to deliver their best performance for the benefit of us all.